Boris E. Gelfand Memorial Seminar of Combustion and Blast, Scientific Conference of Anti-Terrorist Blast Protection
St. Petersburg, October 2014
Northwest blanch of the RAS Scientific Council of Combustion and Explosion, the Ministry of the Russian Federation for Civil Defense, Emergencies and Elimination of Consequences of Natural Disasters, Fire Fighting Service University, St. Petersburg, Saint Petersburg State Polytechnic University and the Combustion Institute, Russian Section, call the third scientific seminar commemorating the outstanding Russian scientist, the USSR State Prize laureate and the Russian Federation Prize winner in the field of science and engineering, doctor of physics-mathematics science, professor Gelfand B.E. (1941-2010).
Proposed issues for discussions including the following fields of Prof. Gelfand scientific interests:
- Physics, chemistry, mechanics of combustion and explosion processes;
- Experimental investigations of combustion and explosion processes;
- Blast Safety and Blast Protection.
At the same time, N orthwest branch of the RAS Scientific Council of Combustion and Explosion, the Russian Academy of Missile and Artillery Science (RARAN), St. Petersburg Fire Fighting Service University of the Ministry of the Russian Federation for Civil Defense, Emergencies and Elimination of Consequences of Natural Disasters, Saint Petersburg State Polytechnic University and the Combustion Institute, Russian Section with the assistance of the Interior Ministry and the Federal security Service are held the 10th International conference on Protective Measures against Terrorist Bombing and Criminal use of Explosions in St. Petersburg, October 7 – 9, 2014.
Proposed issues for discussion at the conference are:
- Current engineering means of bomb detection, isolation, transportation and neutralization.
- Advanced methods of blast mechanics in forest fire fighting
- Development of efficient blast methods for fire and blast protection
- Methods of building and structures protection against terrorist bombing, armed attacks and criminal use of explosions.
- Protection of aircrafts and other vehicles against terrorist bombing and criminal use of explosives
- Experience in counteraction to terrorist bombing and criminal use of explosives
- Legislation law, system of training specialists and emergency management in fighting against terrorism.
- Development and implementation of modern tools of individual protection and body armor for blast protection and armed conflicts.
The host of the conference and seminar is the St. Petersburg University of Fire Fighting Service of the Ministry of the Russian Federation for Civil Defense, Emergencies and Elimination of Consequences of Natural Disasters (Moscovskiy pr., 149, St. Petersburg, 196015, subway station “Electrosila”).
Attached are the first information letters about the conference and the seminar.
We were glad to see you at both the seminar and the conference!
deputy chairman of the meetings,
head of the Department of the Extreme Processes in Materials and Blast Safety
(St. Petersburg State Polytechnical University),
Dr. Sc. (Engr.)
Mikhail V. Chernyshov